Search

Follow Us

Sponsors

Kobo wifi eReaderFree Shipping on Orders of $75 or more at BellacorShop for Summer at SoftSurroundings.com!Gift Ideas for Less!

I have a serious question. How do people afford vacations? I honestly have never been on a vacation unless you count the five day adventure where my parents packed up the car and took us to Kentucky to show my brother and I where my father grew up. Other than that, I have only been out of the state a handful of times. I was fortunate enough to go to Vegas and Palm Springs for a couple of business trips, but that’s certainly not vacation.

You see, I have this goal for 2012 for HB and me. I want to take a real vacation. I want to get away with my husband to somewhere far away where we can explore some new places and have drinks with umbrellas in them. Somewhere that no one knows us and calls us “sir” and “ma’am”. The one big problem is that it takes money. A lot of money. I started a vacation fund in an old jar on top of the fridge a couple of weeks ago. I’ve put about $15 in there while HB only puts his nickels and dimes. (Quarters are too valuable, I hear.) We’re busy paying off debt and trying to get financially steady enough to have a baby in a couple of years. It’s not like we have tons of money to spend on a vacation. So honestly, how do people afford vacations? Let’s not even talk about how people afford some kind of lavish honeymoon. How anyone has enough money left over from a huge wedding to leave the country for a week it beyond me. I’ve concluded the honeymoon thing happens when you have rich parents or credit cards with big limits. HB and I have neither.

So will we get on a plane next summer to go to a tropical location or will we be gasin’ up the old Grand Prix, heading down to Carmel, Indiana to try to eat a “Big Ugly” burger so we can get our picture on the wall? (No, I seriously want to do that.). I guess you’ll have to keep reading to find out.


Save And Share : Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

0 comments

Post a Comment

~

Popular Posts

© PrizePlus.BlogSpot.Com . 2010 Powered by Blogger

Translate

Advertisement

Recent Videos